Tuesday, June 01, 2010

CD RELEASE WEEK!


This is the week! LIVE AT CAMP NASHVILLE is getting released, in limited edition hardcopy, in New York. I'm excited. I spent the morning reminiscing about the various "chapters" of my life in NYC- I tend to analyze and break down and get really specific about things and times in my life, always noticing what I learned, or gained, or screwed up, during that time. For some reason, this morning, the memories were really, really vivid. Does that ever happen to you, when you're remembering something, or some place, and it's seriously like you were right back there? It just happened this morning, thinking about all my time in Brooklyn. There were the walks across Prospect Park to get to Dizzy's, the waking up and walking right to the window overlooking the school playground by Jay and Tillary...and I have been feeling really drawn back there, like I need to get down and walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, or spend some time in Brooklyn Heights, or walk the Promenade again. That's what "That's Where You'll Find Me" is about. It's one of the songs from LIVE AT CAMP NASHVILLE, a song that I actually wrote up in Rochester, NY, on a summer vacation trip a couple years ago, thinking that Jim's newly adopted finger-style guitar chops would feature prominently on the song. It never really ended up that way, but hey, maybe in some production of the song, someday...

Anyway, I'm getting more and more excited (combined with the usual bag of nerves) for the big CD release show Thursday, where I'll be playing that song, and a whole ton of others. The songs on LIVE AT CAMP NASHVILLE are the most personal I've ever written. When I listen back to them, I guess they remind me of all those 70's singer/songwriters I grew up listening to- Billy Joel, Carole King, James Taylor, Elton John. Maybe that's why Billy gave me such a hot quote to help promote the album ;-) Ha. But seriously, the rehearsals have been great with the band, I'm loving playing with the boys (and Melissa!) again. There's something totally unbeatable about the synergy between like-minded musicians, people who get in the room and really listen and really contribute to the music and elevate it. That's what's going on, and it's awesome to be back in that "space" again after recoiling into self-discovery land and spending so much time writing and performing solo recently.

The show info, for those making the trip to the legendary Bitter End to join our party:

Thursday, June 3
9 pm
The Bitter End (147 Bleecker St, between Thompson st and LaGuardia Place)


The cover charge ($10) and CD proceeds will go to help out the victims of the Nashville flooding. I played a benefit at Think Coffee for Nashville flood relief last week, and we raised almost $300. Hoping to top that at this show, so come on out and bring crowds.

Also, if you wear cowboy boots, hat, or an old camp t-shirt to the release, we'll lop off $5 from the physical LIVE AT CAMP NASHVILLE price, plus, you'll look really great in the video and in the pictures.

Speaking of Nashville, I was there a couple weeks ago- it was amazing to be back, after spending the Fall internationally traveling, being in CT, bouncing into NY for demo and jingle work and seeing friends...what a blessing last Fall was. However, Nashville is still hurting, bad, from the Cumberland River flooding, and it's appalling how little attention has been paid to the disaster and the victims. If you can't make the show Thursday, you can still donate to help the relief efforts- the Red Cross of Middle Tennessee is a good option.

I'm off to the Gibson Guitar showroom (formerly the Hit Factory) to rehearse and work. Thinking I might have to get in that walk over the Brooklyn Bridge tonight.

See you at the show!
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment